THE STEAMBOAT SOCIETY OF AMERICA®
In addition to our Classic membership, earned after completion of your first AQV cruise, we offer four additional levels of elite membership: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, and Diamond levels. Each SSOA level is attained based on your total number of cruise nights aboard any one of our award-winning vessels; incremental membership benefits are earned based on your membership tier.
So we invite you to sail more and earn more!
Effective September 1, 2023, SSOA Membership Benefits Will Include:
(3-34 Cruise Nights)
(35-69 Cruise Nights)
(70-139 Cruise Nights)
(140-209 Cruise Nights)
(210+ Cruise Nights)
Additional Benefits Explanation
- The Paddlewheeler: AQV’s Quarterly newsletter printed exclusively for SSOA members features crew and guest stories, company updates, inside information on itineraries, shore excursions and more.
Visitor requests must be submitted a minimum of 14 days prior to requested date of boat visit. Access here: Visitor Request Form. All form fields are required. Boat visit request approval (or denial) will be communicated via the e-mail address provided in the form.
Important Note: The form of identification provided in the request form will be required for presentation at the security desk prior to boarding vessel.
Terms & Conditions
- Booking Credit: Book your next cruise within 180 days of current cruise completion to redeem booking credits applicable on your next cruise. Booking credits redemption is limited to FIT travel.
- Cabin upgrades: This benefit is only applicable on accommodations in “Stateroom” categories. Booking will be held in original stateroom reserved and upgraded no earlier than 30 days prior to cruise departure, based on availability.
- Single Supplement: This benefit is only applicable on accommodations in “Stateroom” categories, excluding American Countess; Redeemable on cruises sailing 11-days or less; Not applicable on Mighty Mississippi or Extended Journeys.
- Eligible Cruises: Only sailings operated by American Queen Voyages (since April 2012) count toward membership level. Membership benefits are non-transferable, combinable with other applicable promotional offers, and must be applied to future cruise travel; hotel nights do not count toward membership; cruise nights are calculated after completion of a cruise. Additional rules and conditions apply.
- Vessel access and onboard visits by members: capacity-controlled on a daily basis, not available in ports of embarkation/disembarkation, reservations and government guest security information is required, guests must be accompanied by member, and visits are limited to four requests per calendar year, limited to 5 guests per visit request.
- Ruby membership graduation artwork is a one time commemorative gift/token sent directly to the guest/s (limited to one per household) upon achieving Ruby level status.
- Emerald and Diamond members receives a complimentary shore excursions up to $149.
- Diamond members receive 1 complimentary cruise in accommodations based off entry level staterooms, redeemable on cruises sailing 11-days or less only (Mighty Mississippi and Extended Journeys excluded). Award cruise is offered cruise-only, pre-cruise hotel not included; airfare not included and all guests are subject to port taxes, fees and gratuities.
- No dry cleaning services available.
- American Queen Voyages reserves the right to change Steamboat Society of America program rules, benefits, terms, and/or conditions at any time without notice.