Last updated 7/25/2022
- Pre-Cruise Covid-19 testing is no longer required or provided on all River experiences (American Queen, American Empress, American Duchess, American Countess) beginning August 1, 2022.
- Lakes & Oceans and Expedition guests are required to complete the free ArriveCAN app, AQV health questionnaire and participate in a free COVID-19 test (Antigen) at the pre-cruise hotel check-in on the day prior to embarkation until further notice.
- Lakes & Oceans and Expedition guests may also provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test by an accredited third-party with results from within two days of embarkation.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required for all guests and crew for all sailings.
- Vaccination documentation will be requested and must be provided prior to boarding.
EMBARKATION & DISEMBARKATION
- Luggage will be disinfected before it is brought on board and when it is removed from the vessel.
- When guests arrive at the gangway, they will be temperature screened.
- When the gangway is in use, sanitation will occur every half-hour.
- Prior to guest arrival, staterooms and suites will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected with hospital-grade EPA-approved solutions.
- Guest staterooms and suites will be cleaned and disinfected twice-daily.
- Every space undergoes enhanced anti-microbial disinfection with medical-grade EPA-approved solutions.
- Twice-daily antiviral sanitization will occur in all public and crew spaces along with overnight sanitization.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations with an alcohol-based sanitizer will be placed strategically throughout the ship.
MASKS & FACE COVERINGS
- Masks are optional for guests and crew onboard including the embarkation process and while riding our shore excursion motor coaches.
- Mask are required for those symptomatic guests and crew awaiting COVID-19 test results.
- State and local municipalities may implement mask requirements.
CREWMEMBER STANDARDS & PRACTICES
- Crew will follow proper handwashing techniques.
- Crew is trained on all health and safety preventive measures.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Hand washing stations are available outside each dining area.
- Crew will sanitize all frequently touched surfaces in restaurant areas hourly.
- Crew will sanitize all back-of-house areas such as pantries and office areas.
- Sanitizing Logs will be accurately maintained, and records kept on file.
- All bus seats, windows and handrails will be sanitized with an EPA-approved solution each day before the first guests arrive.
- Stepwell handrails, seat handrails and seats will be cleaned after each service and sanitized every hour.
- The bus restrooms will be sanitized with an EPA- approved solution after each use and several times per day beyond that.
- Liquid hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at the motorcoach doors for all guests.
- Masks are optional on shore excursion motor coaches and up to the discretion of all onboard.
- Licensed medical personnel are on board all our vessels throughout the voyage.
- Every vessel is equipped with PCR Testing capabilities on board should anyone present COVID symptoms while on the vessel.
- We have formed partnerships with professional medical facilities in every port we visit so that you will be cared for wherever and whenever it is needed.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. Use alcohol-based sanitizer when soap is not available.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze and be sure to cough or sneeze into your elbow if a tissue is unavailable.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid personal contact with others such as handshaking or sharing cups, glasses or utensils.
American Queen Voyages Announce Vaccination Requirement
for all Guests and Crew Members.
Why have you issued mandatory vaccines for guests and overnighting employees?
The health and safety of our guests, crew members and partners are our priority. The implementation of the COVID-19 vaccine mandate will further ensure the wellbeing of the individuals who overnight on our vessels. Additionally, protecting the communities we visit on each itinerary is also a priority as the vaccine requirement will help provide an additional safety measure that we are mandating to safeguard these communities.
Will guests and crew members need to have received both doses of the vaccine prior to boarding?
Yes. If the vaccine that guests and/or crew members are administered requires two doses, they will need to have received both doses before embarking.
How will you know if guests and crew members have been vaccinated?
All guests and crew are required to present vaccination documentation of vaccination, either at the time of hiring or embarking one of our vessels.
What health and safety protocols remain onboard?
Protocols will remain in place until the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends otherwise. These protocols include, but are not limited to:
- Guests are required to wear masks while boarding the vessel on embarkation day.
- Guests are required to wear masks while on motorcoaches.
- At all other times when on board, masks are no longer required. This rule applies to both guests and crew.
*Unless mandated by local governments and municipalities
- Social distancing rules have been relaxed onboard.
- The vessels will continue to have both PCR and Antigen testing facilities on board; this is required to allow us to test any symptomatic guests throughout the voyage, should this be required.
- Vessels will continue to operate with Licensed medical personnel on board.
- All other sanitizing protocols in place will continue.
- Motorcoach drivers, and guides, who are not vaccinated will continue to be tested daily.
What is the oversight of the boat by the CDC, FDA, Coast Guard and etc.?
We are working with the CDC, FDA and Coast Guard to ensure ongoing communication and compliance in order to safely resume operations.
Will you require the vaccines (second dose) to be given 14 days in advance of the sail date?
Yes, 14 days after the second dose or the single Johnson & Johnson dose, would be required.